MODEL SELECTION and MODEL AVERAGING
- Liang, F. and Paulo, R. and Molina, G. and Clyde, M. and Berger,
Mixtures of g-priors for Bayesian Variable Selection. ISDS
Discussion Paper 05-12 (2005).
- Merlise Clyde and E. I. George. Model Uncertainty Statistical Science 19 (2004): 81--94. [pdf]
- Clyde, M. and Lee, H.K. 2001.
Bagging and the Bayesian
Bootstrap. In Artificial Intelligence and Statistics 2001 ,
T. Richardson and T Jaakkola eds. pp 169--174.
- Clyde, M., Guttorp, P., Sullivan, E. 2000.
Effects of Ambient Fine and Coarse Particles on Mortality in Phoenix,
Arizona ISDS Discussion Paper 00-05
(postscript) or (PDF)
- Clyde, M. and Edward I. George. 2000.
Flexible Empirical Bayes Estimation for Wavelets Journal of the Royal Statistical
Society, Series B, 62, 681-698.
(PDF) (previously listed as ISDS Discussion Paper 98-21)
- Clyde, M. 2000. Model
Uncertainty and Health Effect Studies for Particulate Matter
Environmetrics 11, 745-763.
(previously listed as ISDS Discussion Paper 99-28)
E. Conrad Lamon III and Merlise A. Clyde 2000. Accounting for
Model Uncertainty in Prediction of Chlorophyll a in Lake Okeechobee.
Journal of Agricultural,
Biological, and Environmental Statistics 5, 297-322
(Full Paper: PDF or
abstract) previously listed as ISDS Discussion paper 98-42.
- Clyde, M. (1999). Discussion of ``Bayesian Model Averaging: A Tutorial'' by
Hoeting, J.A., Madigan, D., Raftery, A.E., and Volinsky, C.T.
Statistical Science, 14, 401-404. PDF file
or Postscript file. Note:
printed version has an error in the equation on page 402, column 1 in
the MH ratio
- Clyde, M. 1999. Bayesian
Model Averaging and Model Search Strategies (with discussion).
In Bayesian Statistics 6.
J.M. Bernardo, A.P. Dawid, J.O. Berger, and A.F.M. Smith Eds. Oxford
University Press, pp 157-185.
Complete paper with discussion:
(Previously listed as ISDS Discussion Paper 98-20)
- Clyde, M. and Edward I. George. 1999.
Empirical Bayes Estimation in Wavelet Nonparametric
In Bayesian Inference
in Wavelet-Based Models
eds P. Muller and B. Vidakovic. Springer-Verlag. pages 309-322.
(Paper available in PDF or
Peviously available as ISDS
Discussion paper 99-06.
Clyde, M. and Parmigiani, G. (1998).
Protein construct storage:
Bayesian variable selection and prediction with mixtures
. Journal of Biopharmaceutical
Statistics. 8, 431-443.
- Clyde, M. and DeSimone-Sasinowska, H. 1997. Accounting for Model Uncertainty in Poisson Regression Models: Does Particulate Matter Particularly Matter?
ISDS Discussion Paper 97-06.
- Clyde, M. 1996. Strategies for Model Mixing in Generalized Linear
Models. ISDS Discussion Paper 96-28. (Presented at AISTAT Jan 1997)
- Clyde, M., DeSimone, H. and Parmigiani,G. (1996).
Prediction via Orthogonalized Model Mixing
Journal of the American Statistical Association 91, 1197-1208.
- Clyde, M., Parmigiani, G., Vidakovic, B. (1998). Multiple Shrinkage and
Subset Selection in Wavelets
Biometrika 85, 391-402.
- Clyde, M. and Parmigiani, G. (1996).
Orthogonalizations and Prior Distributions for Orthogonalized Model
Mixing In Modelling and Prediction: Honoring Seymour
Geisser edited by Jack C. Lee, Wesley O. Johnson and Arnold Zellner,
Springer-Verlag. pp 206-227.
- MacEachern, S.N., Clyde, M., and Liu, J.S. (1999). "Sequential Importance Sampling for Nonparametric Bayes Models:
The Next Generation" Canadian Journal
of Statistics, 27, 251-267. (previously ISDS Discussion Paper 96-09)
Other papers related to Bayesian Model Averaging at the BMA web page.